- Articles of Confederation: The first constitution of the United States, which was in effect from 1781 to 1789.
- Articles of Incorporation: A document https://britfox.com/ that formally creates a corporation and sets out its basic information, such as its name, purpose, and authorized capital stock.
- Articles of Impeachment: Formal charges brought against a public official by the House of Representatives.
- Articles of War: A set of rules and regulations governing the conduct of members of the military.
Table of Contents
Articles in statutes
Statutes are laws passed by a legislative body. Statutes are typically divided into articles, each of which addresses a different topic. For example, the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) is a statute that governs commercial transactions in the United States. The UCC is divided into nine articles, each of which addresses a different aspect of commercial law, such as sales, leases, and negotiable instruments.
Articles in legal documents
Articles can also be found in other legal documents, such as contracts, wills, and trusts. For example, a contract may have an article on each of the following topics:
- Parties to the contract
- Subject matter of the contract
- Terms and conditions of the contract
- Signatures of the parties
Articles in law dictionaries
Law dictionaries are reference books that define legal terms. Law dictionaries typically contain articles on a wide range of legal topics, from basic concepts like “contract” and “tort” to more complex topics like “securities regulation” and “environmental law.”
How to use articles in legal research
When researching a legal issue, it is important to consult the relevant statutes and legal documents. Articles can be a useful tool for understanding the statutes and legal documents, as well as the broader legal context in which they exist. For example, if you are researching a contract dispute, you would want to consult the relevant articles of the UCC. You could also consult articles in law dictionaries and other secondary sources to learn more about the law of contracts.
Articles are an important part of legal research. Articles can be found in statutes, legal documents, and law dictionaries. Articles can be used to understand the law and to research specific legal issues.