Listen to music, be able to respond and hear our messages, and always be guided thanks to the maps and the GPS navigator. All this and much more is what you can do with Apple CarPlay to get the most out of your car.
Table of Contents
What is Apple CarPlay?
Since safety is the most important thing behind the wheel, Apple CarPlay will allow you to respond to all your notifications without picking up your iPhone thanks to your car’s screen. Simply connecting the iPhone you will have the Apple CarPlay indications, it is the best co-pilot.
See Apple CarPlay in action with our expert
Driving is synonymous with movement, and what better way to see how Apple CarPlay works than with a video inside a car. Enjoy with our expert and discover what Apple Carplay is like.
What do you Need to Have Apple CarPlay?
To use Apple CarPlay you need your car to be compatible with it. Do not worry about the model of your iPhone because it is compatible from iPhone 5 onwards. Generally, all new car models are compatible with Apple CarPlay, there are more than 100 vehicles that work with Apple CarPlay.
Your car is Not Compatible with Apple CarPlay. What you can do?
Many screens can be installed if your car is not compatible with Apple CarPlay to enjoy the Apple CarPlay experience.
There are two connection modes: One by USB cable and the other by Bluetooth. Anyone can connect the iPhone by cable and more and more cars have CarPlay wirelessly.
How to use Apple CarPlay?
Once you have connected your iPhone to the car, the application icons will appear on your dashboard screen. Apple CarPlay is as easy to use as your iPhone. It can be operated by touching the screen or with the physical controls of your car. The screen layout is based on two parts: On the right side, you will find all the applications compatible with Apple CarPlay. And on the left, the last three Apps you have opened as well as the home button to go back. With the next update to iOS 13, instead of the start button, we will find another button that will take us to a very useful screen: we will have the Music App and the Maps App combined. This way everything is at a glance!
What can you do with Apple CarPlay?
CarPlay allows you to do all the functions you need when you are driving:
- You can use Apple Maps, Google Maps, or Waze to get to your destinations.
- What would a trip be without music? You have the entire music library of your iPhone available to you, and if you are also on Apple Music you can ask Siri for everything you need and access all Apple music services. More than 50 million songs are waiting for you.
- It is compatible with other applications such as Podcast, Audiobooks or Spotify.
- You can send and listen to what they have sent you by messages or WhatsApp.
- Make a call or accept an incoming one.
- Siri is here to help you and more when you don’t have to take your eyes off the road. Press and hold the voice control button and ask what you need: to play rock music for you, call your mother, send a message to your friend, or read the latest notifications.
Apple CarPlay brings the iPhone experience to your car and once you use it, you will wonder how you used to travel or go to work without it. If you need to know if your car model is compatible, here is a list of cars compatible with Apple CarPlay. Remember that the first thing in the car is to keep your eyes on the road and not pay attention to distractions. From Car Toys, we wish you unforgettable trips with safety and Apple CarPlay.